Sunday 7 February 2021

February 2021 ~ week 1 ~ punching....painting.... and a "Pendule"

 It will make a change to have absolutely no pictures of a snowy garden today.

The promised "white stuff" turned itself away in someone else's direction...

...and left us simply very, very cold!!

I even fired up the beast yesterday evening because it felt chilly...

...even in this usually cosy house.

So, I stitched with the fire crackling away...

...on a little piece of punchneedle...





...to go on this rather lovely old glass bottle found in a flea market somewhere.




The paints have been out lately too...

...working on some "medieval" pieces...

...stained glass windows from Chartres Cathedral.



They take ages because I work with this tiny Brause nib to fill in the black areas.

(Why do I always do this to myself!!?? :-o  )


A small cross-stitch project got finished on Thursday.

It was supposed to be yet another biscornu...

...but I thought I'd try a different format...

...and made this one into a "Pendule".



I can see a basket of these being done to hang up on a line or pole somewhere.

They don't take long to come together...

...and are useful time-filler-inners for the odd evening :-)

They are also very pretty don't you think?


Have a good week...and keep safe...


x C