Wednesday, 21 June 2017

FINISHED!!! (Lots of piccies)

My new "Medieval Tile" workshop sample book has been finished...

...in plenty of time for my stint at Wooler with the NE Region of the Embroiderer's Guild.

All panels have been attached to heavy watercolour pages...

...and the reverse of each page has been covered in printed tissue and stamped tile prints.

I've decorated around the edges with little pennants and sparkly bits...

....which gives it a rich finished look.

I am very happy with it!

I stitched an extra one for the cover...



...and put the others on each of the six inside pages...




...with nice "back-sides"!! :-)














This is how it looks from the top.




I like these books done using binding rings...

...but the next one will be a folded one again!

Can't have life getting TOO repetitive can we?! :-D

In case you don't already know...

...all my lovely print blocks come from Jamie at Colouricious...

...and my metallic threads, cotton and felt fabrics from my "family" at Empress Mills

(I really can't imagine what my life would be like without these lovely people around!)

x C

Tuesday, 20 June 2017

#5

The 5th little stitched panel...


...with quite a bold 5-petal design in the centre.

I love doing these...

..and...

...although I've got LOADS of things to be getting on with...

...I shall be really quite sorry when the series is finished.

Hope you are keeping cool...

x C

Thursday, 15 June 2017

...cheating!! (Part 1)

...and in an absolutely DREADFUL way for a stitcher!!!

I've been doing some work on The Bayeux Tapestry lately...

...looking into the background....the story...the stitching etc.

...and when I was pootling around on Ebay last week (as you do)...

...I came across a stitching kit that I put in a bid for.


As you can see - I was successful...

...and it arrived Friday morning.

The listing had been very honest, and the item was exactly as listed...

...so I have no one else to blame but myself for not realising that it was going to be "rather small"...

...and therefore, difficult to stitch by hand - especially if I wanted to use Bayeux Stitch!

I love the design...but I DON'T want to hand stitch it...

...so...

...trusty Pfaff to the rescue...




The first thing I did was to spray the linen fabric with some walnut ink to make some "age spots" on it.

Then, I ironed on some Bondaweb and fixed some stabiliser to the back...

...before making a start on the lines of stitching. (Straight stitch size 0.5)

This may take a while.....

x C


Monday, 12 June 2017

#4

Back to yellows and greens...

...but with some beautiful, fluted bugle beads this time.

These are about 6mm long...

...and I put a size 11 bead at the end of each...

...before doing some metallic thread stitching in between.


Finally I added some red beads on the printed area...

...just to add a little something...

x C

Thursday, 8 June 2017

... #3...

The third little panel (out of six... for now)...

...is stitched and beaded.

I used slightly different silk paint colours...

...and matched the threads as closely as possible.

Again some size 15 beads around the outside edges...

...but only size 11 around the printed panel!!



Number four is on it's way...

x C

Monday, 5 June 2017

...and another one finished...

Another one of my little Medieval Tile panels...

...with lots of stitching and size 15 beads!!



I decided to use a purple-ish colour scheme this time...

....it goes well with those little bits of yellow.

Complimentary colours always work together :-)

Have a great week lovely people.

x C

Monday, 29 May 2017

Taking it further...

The little projects I showed you in the previous post were so enjoyable that I wanted to take the theme a little further...

...so...

...I printed a few more tile pieces...

...and began embellishing!


Because these don't have to be done in a couple of hours...

...I can really go to town with them.

And...

...they can build into something bigger...

x C