Sunday 14 February 2021

February 2021 ~ week #2 ~ hearts, hexies....and houses

 It's cold.

Very, very cold.

We've hardly had "plus" temperatures all week.

Maybe love can keep us warm?



A love-ly little terracotta plaque that I picked up at Kelmscott Manor...
...and, of course...
...it wouldn't be Valentines Day without some red heart stitching would it?! :-)




I decided to re-visit the tiny hexagon project ...

...and am getting on with a few more "flowers" to make into "grandmother's garden diamonds".



Also on the table...

...advances with my "Old Amsterdam" samples...



I do so loooove doing these doors and windows.

They may take a looooong time...

...but the results are soooooooworth it!!

(I only just found the "o" key on my laptop can't you tell!)


There are more bits of knitting happening too...

...I made up a pattern for this cowl...

...after finding an odd large ball of "something"...

...can't actually call it "wool"...

...but the colours are delicious :-D




It was a bit of a challenge on a rather long circular needle...

....and I wouldn't want to do another one...

...but hey-ho....it's finished...

...with more cold weather still to come I'm sure.


Keep safe and well folks


x C