Sunday, 28 June 2015

At Last!! ...a brown print...and an Empress article!

Ink arrived...

...rolled onto lino block...

...printed onto soaked paper...

Ta Da!

First onto plain paper...



then onto paper that had been sprayed with Brusho.




I much preferred the second so set to work with a scissors...

....and glued the result onto some vellum card.




REALLY pleased with results...

...not too "leafy-looking" ?!





So forward march...

... with the Stretton Sugwas Sampson block :-)


And more news...

My first article for Empress Mills can be found here!!

I'm delighted to have been asked to write for them on a regular basis :-)))))

Enjoy!

x C

4 comments:

Living to work - working to live said...

I read this. Good article. Thanks.

What Fabric Medium do you use? There are so many brands of stuff out there it is good to get some recommendations, and I'm just off to buy some Matt Medium so wondered if I should add this to the shopping list.

Love these prints btw.

Hilary ( Boneo Bird!) xx

Penny said...

Oh I love him. Sometimes I see feathers, other times leaves -- either one he's great. Congratulations on the article -- nice to see my friend 'in print'.

Chris Gray said...

Thanks girls!!��

Fabric medium is from Colourcraft....and its brill! You think its going to go all stiff when you paint it on as it looks a bit like pva or wallpaper paste. But when its dry and ironed there's no sign of it! You need this Hilary!��

I'm glad you like the finished print Penny. Your opinion is valued!

X

Jules Woolford said...

Just saw your article on Empress Mills newsletter - great stuff!