Monday, 22 November 2010

...more Chemanthy.....

..and an end to "production"!

All the bits and pieces for Christmas Crafts are now done...

..labeled....

...and in their boxes ready to go.

On the whole, I've enjoyed the "manufacturing"...

..but have to admit to releasing a huge sigh of relief this morning...

...when the last item went into it's box :-)

This now means that I can concentrate on more "creative" endeavours...

...like more of that lovely Chemanthy stitching!



This panel has similar elements to the one shown in the previous post...


..beads, running stitch and leather-paper sequins...



...and, of course, that lovely Chemanthy stitch with metallic seed stitching.

I've completed the back panels for each one now...





...and prepared the backgrounds for three more...





...I've started hand-stitching this one already too!

New books have arrived...



..showing page after page of beautiful Kantha quilting....





...also this book on Ralli Quilts..



Between them, I'll have plenty to keep me happily stitching for quite some time! :-)

I've got a number of kilos of beautiful silk thread in various weights...

...ready to go into dye solutions...

...along with piles of fabrics.

All of this makes for another busy few months ahead.

...and if that wasn't enough...

...this little book arrived too...




..NOW maybe I can get to grips with this music and play something on that Harmonium!! :-)))))))))


(For anyone else interested in Indian embroidery techniques - go to Deepa's site and click on "Indian Embroidery" in the left-hand column. There are a number of very useful tutorials and a lot of information!)

12 comments:

Eva said...

Wonderful! Looking at your stitching reminds me of sitting in the sand, listening to the sound of waves and wind. It is the soft, perpetuous motion that eases my mind if I look at it.

Rachel said...

Listening to raga is a totally different experience to western classical music, isn't it!

Let me know if the book helps!

T said...

wow, you are really busy. love the three new beginnings, and the one that you just finished. perfect chemanthi circles, and that water or sand wave is wonderful.

with all those new books, thread and fabric to dye, and stitching, and music, it must be hard to choose what to do next.

just go with it, its great.

xt

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

You astound me dear blog buddy with all you manage to create. However do you find the time to make all this? The books look "so you". As you say, endless inspiration for your interesting style. I will be replying to your lovely email. Since, I got my new computer I am gradually catching up. My new one is so fast, I can't believe what a fuddle I was in before!
Thank you dear one for all your lovely comments. Love xoxo

Jackie said...

Beautiful calm stitching thats speaks volumes about the fact that production is done! Its lovely and relaxed and peaceful.

Deepa said...

My,my...great books and great attempts with chemanthy and running stitch.
All the best for your kantha attempts,
Deepa

Chris Gray said...

I really enjoy the repetative motion of running stitch...and it does seem to look like water or sand....

The new books and Deepa's tutorials will be a great help...

...and I can listen to those Ragas as I stitch :-)

Looking forward to a colourful, creative winter....

Jacky said...

More chemanthy...I love it. These pieces are beautiful!!!

New books...I love it when new books arrive in the mail. I have the Kantha book (and love it). Will now have to check out the others you mention and the music.

Jacky xox

JP said...

these are so lovely - thanks for the link

Judy Martin said...

I really love the circular chemanthy stitch and the leather paper sequins in your new work.

Very contemporary with a lot of tradition behind it. Shall go to Deepa's site and see if I can learn that stitch from her - I've been trying it on my own with no luck.

Lovely work.

suziqu's thread works said...

You really are setting the atmosphere to create the most beautiful work with chemanthi stitching. Your colours also are so Giru! Do you own a harmonium?
My husband also has one and I just love it when he sings kirtan.

deemallon said...

beautiful beautiful stitching... like the way you've shown us the progression.

I feel the same about holiday crafting -- it can be fun, though hectic, to make things for a fair... and it's ALWAYS nice to go back to what is more exciting/interesting to work on.