Friday, 27 August 2010

New things happening...

..over HERE...

I've just officially set up a new business called "Mabon Arts"...making lots of things and including a range of hand-dyed threads.

I've posted some on the site today..



...and (hopefully) will have a Big Cartel shop set up to go with it soon.

(It does take me rather a long time to get to grips with all this computer stuff you know!!)

I've decided to do things this way, so that I can keep THIS blog simply as a blog..

..and have the selly stuff going on in a dedicated spot.

Obviously, a lot of things that end up over THERE, will be previewed HERE as they are in the process of being made/done...

..but I hope it doesn't get to seem too commercial.

I'm still working on Giselle..

...and quite a few other bits and bobs for craft fairs.

They should get a posting all to themselves after the weekend.

Have a good one!

11 comments:

Mermaid's Purse said...

Good luck with your new venture. Funnily enough I've just blogged about some of my threads ....... I find hand dyeing them addictive!

Karen Turner said...

Yes, difficult to balance life/work... I'm always very conscious (self conscious) about posting a link to my shop in the middle of a blog post... but difficult otherwise to get a good following online. Maybe two blogs is the way forward. Good luck :-)

Rachel said...

All the best for your new venture!

Eva said...

Good luck from me, too! I don't mind a blog being half-commercial or commercial, it is the work that counts, the quality. And whatever I have seen on your blog was interesting, inspiring, beautiful!

Feltmaker said...

Good luck with the new on line shop - I find internet stuff hard to get my head around but apparently it comes to make sense into end :D

MargaretR said...

Good luck with Mabon Arts.

ArtPropelled said...

Congratulations on your new shop, Chris! I checked it out and am marveling at the colours of your hand-dyed thread.
I'm in the throws of setting up my own website and what a headache! Also trying to come to grips with "computer stuff".

Chris Gray said...

Thank you all so much for your comments a nd good wishes!

I'm hanging on in there for the ride....

...and hopefully will enjoy every moment of it!!!! :-)))

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Giselle is beautiful. She is looking rather like an Autumn equinox doll ;o). I've had no time for dolls, but will get back to it some time x

Lynne said...

Good Luck with the new venture Chris, your threads look delicious.

Diane said...

Congratulations on your new endeavor! I just had a peek back over your posts. I have missed much while I've been gone and it looks as if you've been quite productive. Beautiful work as always! Hope you are well...