Monday, 16 August 2010

..let me introduce you to...

...Giselle....

..well...

...a partly finished Giselle who's been keeping me company for the last few days.



I've been faffing around...

...flitting from one indulgence to another...

...and THOROUGHLY ENJOYING MYSELF...

..playing with all those things that I love doing, but haven't given myself permission to do for quite some time now. (Or so it seems anyway!)

I'm definitely embarking on "things new"...

..well, new for here I suppose...

..and letting my soft, red, ..even pink!, gentle, home-makey side have a turn.

O yes, the "Tribal" stuff is still out in the workroom...

...and various themed sketchbooks are filling up at quite a pace...

..but new ventures are now giving me the opportunity to do all this lovely stuff!

Craft fairs are being booked, and retail things sorted. It's an exciting time. A new adventure begins....

...and of course...

...any new adventure starts with some new fabrics :-)))))

Just look at THESE!!!






..beautiful "French General" fabrics by Moda.

They're from the "Lumiere de Noel" range....and they're luscious!!!!

These will be used to make the clothing for my new 'damoiselles...

...all of whom will, of course, be given French names!

Hopefully, a new sewing machine will be perching on top of the small workroom table before too much longer...

...and more red cross-stitching and printing will be done...

...along with some serious thread dyeing over the next couple of weeks.

I'm gonna be a busy gal!

14 comments:

Sweetpea said...

That pile of fabric is certainly an inspiration ~ just lovely, all of it! Good to let our other *sides* have turns :>]]

ArtPropelled said...

Nothing like new fabrics to inspire one. Giselle is looking interesting. Glad you are enjoying yourself. It shows in your work.

Penny said...

Great fabric, sounds like a fun time ahead.

Karen Turner said...

Very luscious fabrics - and I agree, it's very clear that you are enjoying yourself. A joyful place to be.

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

i really like this post. the
specifics of each thing, yes, but
there is something else about the
whole energy of it that is very
energizing for me
thanks for this......

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

All fabulous Chris. You are a VERY busy gal and your plans sound perfect

x

deemallon said...

Beeyootiful fabrics! and so YOU! I love your dolly and her sweetness and the contrast to your geometric (and dare I say, more masculine?) designs... (i love them too don't get me wrong!)

Chris Gray said...

Thanks Sweetpea!...my other side is having lots of fun :-)

Yes Robyn ...fun is certainly being had, and I'm glad it shows.

Penny...I'm looking forward to it!

Nothing like some new fabrics eh Karen? ;-)

Very perceptive Grace. Yes...there is a lot of new, more positive energy buzzing around here right now.

Busy, busy busy....yes Carolyn...plans are afoot :-)

I agree with you too Dee! ...I'm feeling more "feminine" I think. I suppose my previous bits have been a bit on the masculine side, but NOW is a time for the frills! :-)))

Mermaid's Purse said...

Am glad you're having fun .......... the fabric looks gorgeous and a new sewing machine ........ enjoy!!

rivergardenstudio said...

Gisellle is going to be a beauty, I love her face and your new fabrics... and below, your printed Tibetan pages... oh wow! roxanne

Jane said...

Giselle looks fab, cant wait to see her completed and the fabric pieces look inspiring too.

Chris Gray said...

I'm still working on Giselle....

....and a few other things...


Thanks for leaving comments - they really are appreciated :-)

suziqu's thread works said...

These fabrics are so rich and will all work beautifully together in such rich and muted tones.

Chris Gray said...

Thanks Suziqu!...and welcome :-)

..yes, those fabrics are fab!