Monday, 28 June 2010

..just a quickie...

..to show you the finished piece from the last post...




As I said...this will be made into a bag front (when I get around to it!!)

You may have noticed the coloured background in the top picture....

..this is a piece of Procion-dyed "leather paper"...

...for some special up-coming projects. :-)

And while I was dyeing that....

...I was also dyeing these...




..loads of pieces of pillow cotton...

..in these kinds of colours...




..to do some brighter Kuba-inspired pieces.

10 comments:

AeFondKis said...

Chris the colours are so warmimg and comforting in your textile pieces, the bag front is soothing and looks hundreds of years old!
All your plastic hatchlings look interesting!

ger said...

This sure will make a feel-good bag...

Eva said...

This bronze/olive background seems to hold a secret. And I also love the button cloud!

ArtPropelled said...

Earthy, tribal and so divine. I love the circle of ostrich (?) beads.

Chris Gray said...

Yes Linda...the plastic hatchlings ARE interesting!...more in the next post :-)

Ger...I'm looking forward to getting it done!

Eva...Yes...always there's a secret somewhere...

Robyn...not ostrich (this time)...pinky-white shell instead. :-)

Eva said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jude said...

beautiful chris!

ancientcloth said...

What "delicious" colors...
I love the earthy, warm tones.
Beautiful!

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Hi Chris, I am always amazed at the amount of work you always manage to produce between posts. You are so prolific. Love your thought process.
I'm thinking of you sweetie xoxo

Ro Bruhn said...

What a fabulous day. I love your kuba designs and your fabric and threads are a gorgeous colour. Thanks for visiting my blog too.