Monday, 21 June 2010

..one finished...and another on the way...

The piece I showed in the last post has now been finished..





This will soon be inhabiting the front face of a small shoulder bag :-)

Another panel has also been started..




This, too, will be the front pocket of a bag.

Other, smaller bits are coming along nicely....

...brooches, necklaces ....and, maybe...earrings...

It'll be a challenge to translate into "small" for this theme, but I'll enjoy the process....

..especially as I'll be incorporating some sterling silver and copper bits into things....

I'm sorry if I haven't been around blogs and keeping up with e-mails much, but a lot of time has been spent elsewhere lately.

At least hand-stitching is portable, and I've always got my basket with me :-)))

10 comments:

Judy Martin said...

I love the kuba shapes too.

It's great to see how you look and learn from world textiles.

Jensters said...

These are going great and it seems at some speed....wonderful work and colour x

Abigail Thomas said...

love it

JP said...

love how they've turned out - like the green shade - makes it really calm

deemallon said...

very nice... I love the chunkiness of the kuba designs... and yes, those were huggable threads in the previous post!

Diane said...

Ah these are turning out great! Really love the stitching :)
Hope you are well, I am thinking of you.

ancientcloth said...

I think the kuba shapes will look great on a purse. I love stitching too, because it is portable and easy...
:)

Eva said...

These simple shapes are such a powerful statement!

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

chris, thank you for coming by and
encouragement. this afternoon i am thinking...what if this was
the only thing i "have in me?"
it must be really great to have
so much, as you always do...all
these beautiful shapes just rising
up in a beautiful flow~~~~~~~~
thank you again for stopping by,
grace

ArtPropelled said...

Looking so good! I probably say this every post but your work is really looking wonderful. I like the blog makeover too.