Sunday, 4 April 2010

.....down with a bug!.....

....kindly donated by Hubby......

...who was given the delightful creaure by someone in school!.....


He's been coughing all over the place for almost a fortnight now.....

...and as I developed an abcess.....

....that was followed by an extraction on Thursday.....

...I was just BOUND to pick up SOMETHING on top wasn't I!!!!!


Still managing to get a few bits and bobs done though.....

..these couple of sketchbooks for example.






I've also done bases for 70 new "Tribal" brooches.....

.....just so I have some hand-stitching to keep me occupied...


Feeling yucky.....

...but hoping the rest of you are having a good weekend :-\

8 comments:

ArtPropelled said...

Oh poor you! Keep warm and cosy. Love what you are doing .... So what else is new:-) Both the blue and the earthy pieces are lovely, Chris. 7o brooch bases? Don't overdo it now ... but I understand ..... one has to keep those fingers busy. My dear one has picked up a really bad dose of pink eye. Not something I want! He insists homemade Guinness and beef pie is a sure remedy so guess what's for supper.

geni said...

Wonderful stitching!
Thank you for sharing,

geni

jude said...

oh, ick.... hope you are better soon.

Eva said...

Get well soon! The artwork is lovely. As always.

nandas said...

been there... sooo uncomfortable... but look at you! you actually were productive! good for you. now... where do you sell these pins and books? i saw no store site listed.

Gloria said...

These journal covers are very pretty! Hope you're better soon.

Gloria

Marit said...

I hope you're feeling better by now! I have a feeling you're not too far away from here - as the tummy flu bug has been rampant in this area. But still you get all this lovely work done! You're an inspiration, Chris, and makes me think I must pull my socks up and do more.

Chris Gray said...

Thanks for all your comments and best wishes....bug is still hanging around and seems in no hurry to depart!

nevertheless...stitching is proceeding, albeit not at my usual pace, mainly because my head is fuggy and it's difficult to concentrate.

I'm glad that I have this stuff to do though. I'd be crawling up the walls otherwise :-)

Brooches/pins will be on sale at a couple of galleries in the summer...all the others have sold, so time to get into production mode for a while....


...and a new web-shop will be opening later in the year.....with finished items and some supplies too...


...all I have to do is get my act together....