Tuesday, 13 April 2010

..bugged......but busy!

It seems like ages since I posted here...

...and the time in between hasn't been very pleasant.

Both of us "lost" the school holiday period....

..and didn't get down to Cornwall as had been planned.

Luckily my Father-in-law is doing OK at the minute, so it didn't matter too much that our visit had to be postponed until a bit later in the year.

Neverthelss.....

...I haven't been idle during my bug-enforced imprisonment!

Some of the 70 brooch bases that were done have been finished....

...some blues...some reddy-browns....some greens....and one purple.









I've also managed to prepare 20 background panels for a workshop next week!

The only thing that's really fallen behind is my sketchbook work ...

..and Moroccan stitching...

....but I'm now ready, fit and able to continue with that theme....

..which is good...

...because I've been lucky enough to receive some delightful pieces of cloth to use.....

...more next time. :-)

14 comments:

Mermaid's Purse said...

Wow, you have been busy - love the blue ones! Glad to hear everybody is on the mend x

Eva said...

It took you more than a week to come back to blogging. Hope you are perfectly okay!
Lovely brooches!

Chris Gray said...

I was away from blogging because my hubby was on the computer for most of the time!

He's back in work now though....;-)

Diane said...

Glad to hear you made it though your troubles and good to see you so productive, now if I could just accomplish something....

Jackie said...

h wow! These are fabulous. I love the colours.

ArtPropelled said...

I'm amazed that you have got through so much work. Hope the bugs are well and truly banished.

Chris Gray said...

..when I'm "under the weather", keeping my hands occupied has always made it easier to cope..

...and a good splash of clour is a brilliant pill....

Thanks for all your good wishes....

...bug has been ousted :-)

JP said...

I can't believe you were really ill and did all this!!!!!!!!

Chris Gray said...

....just "under the weather"!....

...not SO ill that I couldn't carry on...

(Thank goodness!)

Quilters Cottage Norfolk said...

These pieces are fantastic. i am glad to see someone else's lists of things to do is as long as mine!!!
best wishes,
jane c

AeFondKis said...

Chris your brooches are lovely the colours zingy! They are reminding me lately of women's corsets!
Hope your abcess is banished to the abyss-cess!
Linda x

Abigail Thomas said...

lovely - is that a giant piece of home made green felt in the background?

ArtGirl/California/United States said...

these are so beautiful! i'm glad you shared the close-up photos too so the stitches can be seen. great colors!

MargaretR said...

Oh Chris! All this work is just beautiful.