Monday, 29 March 2010

...even egg cosies can be "African"!.....

...well they can HERE anyway!

The UK Embellisher Swap theme this month was a pair of egg cosies.

So.....

...following on with my current "African" theme, I dyed some silk caps in (what I think of as) "African colours"......

...and embellished it onto black wool/viscose felt.

I loved the way the effect turned out.....

...sort of like a rock surface that's just begging to have some "rock art" done on it!





This, of course, means that the embellisher will now be on the table for a few days while I play around with ideas......:-)

9 comments:

Eva said...

Whimsical! I have rarely ever found a combination of tribal style and a sense of humor. Maybe with a grotesque element, but not this subtle kind.

JP said...

these are just gorgous - too nice to pop on eggs!

Marit said...

I agree with JP - too nice for eggs! Wonderful! I hope you don't mind, but I have put up an excerpt from this post up and showcased you on my website http://www.thecraftpagesathome.com

I'll add you to the link page,too, after your week on the Home Page. Hope that's okay.
(I like to share my 'finds' of great work!)

Marit said...

Just a PS from my earlier comment: would you like an image of your work added to the showcase page? If so, could you send me a photo, please? I've added the link, so visitors can go to your site directly in any case.

Marit

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Gorgeous!

Clare Wassermann said...

great fun huh?

ArtPropelled said...

Lovely combinations ... colour, beads, buttons and stitching. I can feel the creative buzz from here :-)

Jane LaFazio said...

VERY sophisticated egg cosies! and gorgeous

Chris Gray said...

hanks to you all for your lovely comments.....the cosies are now in their new home in North Wales!