Sunday, 21 June 2009

.....thoughts....

Father's Day....


..2009...


...the first without my Dad .......feels very strange.....


Maybe it's because I'm feeling on my knees a bit at the minute...with all the finishing, mounting etc....but...

THIS June I'm living with mixed emotions.

I lost my son in June 2002; ... managed to get myself picked-up a bit over that one...

...but, this year it has felt "closer" - maybe because his Grampa's not here now....


.....some days are a bit "difficult".....


...although fairly repetative work kind-of helps.....no thought required....


Expo opening next weekend is a definite "upper"....and has been a welcome focus to have had over the last few months....


...hope a holiday will help.....

5 comments:

jan said...

I'm sorry to hear about your son and Dad, sending you lots of hugs!

Eva said...

Holding your hand over the distance. Some beings that cross our path cannot be replaced. But some of us believe that all beings were our mothers in former lives. Om mani padme hum.

Sparklyjools said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your son, I've been thinking of you.
Jules x

MERMAID'S PURSE said...

Thinking of you and good luck with the exhibition next week x

Jackie said...

I don;t know how anyone can get over the death of a son. How do you go on?
I understand the death of a father..pretty difficult too. Hugs to you.x