Sunday, 14 June 2009

...it's a Guardian day...

The sun's out again, and I'm working on the Tall Guardian Figures - inserts and bases - to get them finished.

There'll be no more "new" items between now and the 26th - the rest of the time is going to be taken up with finishing and mounting.

...but I MAY get the camera out in a few days so you can see things packaged-up....


I have, though, been playing around with "Hyperbolic Crochet" - sounds like some kind of illness doesn't it!

..but it's really quite relaxing because you can just pick it up/put it down and just keep doing double/single crochet....





...using a nice space-dyed yarn...





...utterly pointless, but enjoyable nevertheless....:-)

8 comments:

Sara Lechner said...

somehow everything is pointless in crafts... the process is always what matters... this Hyperbolic Crochet sounds like something to try...

Sara Lechner said...

and Chris, you live close enough to me. if i think that i travel to england about 2-3 times a year!

Ronnie said...

Hey Chris. I'm following! Found you over at my old friend Junker Janes

Chris Gray Textile Art said...

Hi Ronnie....glad to have you around. I LOVE JJ's stuff - weird and wonderful!


...and thanks to everyone else who leaves comments/follows too!...

Mermaids Purse said...

It's not pointless - it leads to beautiful things!!! I keep meaning to have a go but ......... .

Chris Gray Textile Art said...

..well I'm taking some with me on holiday!....

..don't have to think about it, just keep going..

.....and, Yes!, it does turn into something beautiful!...

MargaretR said...

How come I have never come across your blog before? I have enjoyed looking at your work and your exhibition is going to be wonderful.

Chris Gray Textile Art said...

Thanks Margaret! I've left a comment on your blog too..