Thursday 11 May 2017

Cardiff Quilters Exhibition. - going into production...

I'm struggling to find things to show on here right now...

...as most of what is going on in the background is to do with a couple of books that will be published either at the end of 2017 or into 2018.

However....

...my quilting group Cardiff Quilters is celebrating it's 25th birthday this year...

...and we are holding an exhibition at Ararat Baptist Church on the 29th July.

Here's the Quilters' Guild notice if anyone is interested.

There's going to be a Tombola, Raffle and a Sales Table along with some traders.....

...so I'm in production with some handmade notebooks/sketchbooks for the event.

Each one will have a machine-stitched Sashiko square on the front cover...

...which will be made of some of my special "leather paper" dyed specially in a shade of pale blue.




I'll make the pages out of fairly heavy paper so that they'll stand up to collage etc.

I'm hoping to get quite a few done...

...plus a few other bits and pieces too.

Once these are all finished I'll get onto some Tombola gifts...

Try to call by if you can...

...it'll be a great day. :-)

x C