Thursday, 9 February 2017

A bit of experimental stitching

This is the first page in the design book that I showed here...

After a bit of fiddling, I found that Empress Mills' "Superliner" is the best weight for me to use.

I also found out that I absolutely must not put Bondaweb on the pieces before stitching....

...as it makes everything too flat!

I want some loft here.


Stitching was done first by machine using Empress variegated  thread...

...then hand seeding (I simply can't resist!!)

Finally some Pebeo Setacolour was used to add some colour.

It's only a small piece...

...but, after seeing so many chevron patterns in 12th Century churches recently,  I like it a lot!!

x C



No comments: