Sunday, 23 August 2015

Sketchbook all done and only 6 more sleeps before I go!!

I ummmed and arrred about what sort of sketchbook to take with me for my Mediterranean bobbing-about trip.....

...little fat one?

...slim A5 one?

...square format?

...plain or not?

Couldn't find EXACTLY what I was after...

...so...

...I made this one out of 1700 & 1400 weight wallpaper lining paper.






I folded in some pockets for...."stuff"....

...and stitched all around the edges before applying lovely Lefranc & Bourgeois gesso to every surface!!

Spent a few delightful hours decorating the front and back covers...

... sticking bits inside...

...and making a little extra notebook - just in case. :-)

Not TOO many pages otherwise it gets daunting...

Getting excited!!

No blog posts while I'm away...

...too many other things to do...

...but I'll play catch-up as soon as I'm back.

x C


5 comments:

Living to work - working to live said...

Which is such a coincidence -as Daughter No 1 is doing just that right now in my studio space. Not sure what weight lining paper she is using (i lost the wrapping) but it looks good for a fun and original sketch book. She also stitched some added pages in. Im tempted to give it a go too, though I have enough sketch books on the go right now.

Have a fun time.

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

This is one great looking sketchbook...enjoy filling it!

Chris Gray said...

Thanks ladies!! I'm really looking forward to Filling it up.

Go on Hilary....you can never have too many sketchbooks to work into!!😁

ViDerTextil said...

just enjoy every single moment of the day (and night) by filling it with a lot of ideas ! have a good trip!

Chris Gray said...

Thanks Viviane!! I'll do just that!! :-)

x