Sunday 23 August 2015

Sketchbook all done and only 6 more sleeps before I go!!

I ummmed and arrred about what sort of sketchbook to take with me for my Mediterranean bobbing-about trip.....

...little fat one?

...slim A5 one?

...square format?

...plain or not?

Couldn't find EXACTLY what I was after...

...so...

...I made this one out of 1700 & 1400 weight wallpaper lining paper.






I folded in some pockets for...."stuff"....

...and stitched all around the edges before applying lovely Lefranc & Bourgeois gesso to every surface!!

Spent a few delightful hours decorating the front and back covers...

... sticking bits inside...

...and making a little extra notebook - just in case. :-)

Not TOO many pages otherwise it gets daunting...

Getting excited!!

No blog posts while I'm away...

...too many other things to do...

...but I'll play catch-up as soon as I'm back.

x C