Sunday, 8 February 2015

Learn to READ!!!!! (Warning...lots of piccies!)

How many times have I told children to...

..."Read ALL of the paper BEFORE starting"?!!

Hmmmpff!

Well...

...I posted a little while ago and said that I was signed-up for the QG Journal Quilt Challenge for 2015...

...and showed a few pieces that I'd stenciled and/or stitched.

WooHoo! Clever girl getting on so well with it all eh?

Hmmmpfffffffff!!

If I'd READ the instructions PROPERLY before starting...

...I would have known that the Journal Quilts have to be 6 inches by 12 inches...

...NOT 6 inches by 8 inches (as I THOUGHT I'd read).!!

So...

...the pieces that I'd already started have now had to go in to the UFO pile...

...and await their fate....

...while I have sorted out another piece of fabric...

...large enough to give me twelve 6" x 12" Journal Quilt front panels...

...and begun to stencil and stitch AGAIN!!

Hmmmpfffff!

This time though, I was a little more inventive with the stencils...

...and used more than one colour Markal.

I must say that I do prefer the results :-)




Some stitching done too....



Then...

...I'm going to have the most difficult job...

...to decide which pieces of gorgeous Japanese Kimono fabrics to use!!

(Got this little bundle from ebay :-)

























This bit below came as a Haori jacket, but I didn't like it when I tried it on...

...so I took it apart and now have a good few feet of delightful ikat fabric to play with!!




Finally...

...results of yo-yo maker-play!





Hope you're all having as much fun as I am :-)

x C

9 comments:

Charlton Stitcher said...

Love all that Japanese kimono fabric. i do know what you mean about having to make a choice from special, unrepeatable fabric. I bought some delicious lengths of silk when we were holidaying in Thailand a couple of years ago. I look at them from time to time and drool ... but I haven't had the heart to cut into them. How daft is that?

PaulineC said...

Love the Koi carp presume it's one of your new stencils .

Chris Gray said...

Exactly Margaret!!

Yes Pauline.....just one of! 😁

Diane Cransac said...

Ouch on the wrong size, boy have I done that before :p
I don't envy you the choosing of the fabrics. It's so difficult when dealing with such luscious fabrics.
I love the new stencils and adore that medium you are using, whatever it is.
Can't wait to see your finished pieces :)

Chris Gray said...

Thanks Diane! Luckily I hadn't done too much on the wrong ones....

....stencils done with Markal Paintstiks. You must try them!

X

Diane Cransac said...

They look gorgeous, I must try to find some in this neck of the woods. Knowing how it is here it will probably be on the net instead LOL

Penny said...

WOW!!! My problem would be that I wouldn't want to cut into ANY of them - or perhaps ALL of them. Oh my, what's a girl to do.

Chris Gray said...

You might find some in Colmar....but you can order from Colourcraft UK. They're not cheap, so choose just a few of the most useful colors ....gold....copper etc.

....and yes Penny.....I think all of them will get used 😁

X

jackie said...

Lovely 'haul', I would find it difficult to cut them up. Good luck by yourself in the caravan sounds daunting!
Thanks for visiting.