Monday, 18 March 2013

...a little bit of printing and stitching...

I've been busy, busy, busy this last week...

..trying desperately to catch up after the "bug"!

Can't show TOO much I'm afraid...

..these will be making an appearance somewhere sometime later. ;-)









I've cut a lot more print blocks...

...and will have many more to do when I get back after the show this week.

The caravan is sitting outside ready to go tomorrow....

...and there's SNOW ON THE GROUND!!!!!

Where the hell is spring??!!!

This time last year it was almost sweltering.....and certainly, when we were in Chartres after the show, we were in shirt sleeves for the week.

(Mind you....I nearly slipped on the icy pavement outside the house when we got back home...and the weather never recovered here for the remainder of 2012!!)

Hope to see some of you at the NEC.

I'm on Stand J10 in Fashion, Embroidery & Stitch.

Pop by and say "Hi" if you're there.

x C

8 comments:

Penny Berens said...

Your weather has been on the news over here! Are the spring flowers suffering? Good luck at NEC..would love to pop over and visit.

deemallon said...

gorgeous stuff! Here in New England, we are supposed to get another 1 to 5"... "where the hell" indeed?!!

Penny said...

Love seeing these snippets! Sort of teasing us aren't you? *smile* Hope the show is wonderful, wonderful and that the sun magically appears!

Eva said...

These are soooo lovely! These brilliant colours! Looks like you really started a new folk art tradition which definitely can cope with the Rajastan or Guatemala things.

Charlton Stitcher said...

Just found your lovely blog. Having just visited Thailand with its wonderful brightly-coloured patterned embroidery, I'm fascinated by your work and the obvious influence of pattern from around the world.

Chris Gray said...

Sorry I haven't been able to reply to anyone....but I've only just got a mobile dongle today!!

Thanks to you all for your lovely comments. I've mailed each of you that I am able to.

Back home tomorrow.....ahhhhhhh

...I've missed my machine :-(

Penny Berens said...

Well I never, fancy you meeting Lucy Garvin! She is lovely isn't she. Say hi from me when you meet in August.

underatopazsky said...

Yes, the weather is just crazy! I left home a couple of weeks ago heading to Sheffield with the car thermometer reading 6 degrees and berating myself for having left my sunglasses at home. By the time I got to Doncaster, less than 20 miles away, it was blowing such a blizzard that cars were having to put their fog lights on. By the time I got to Sheffield, it was raining...!!