Wednesday, 5 December 2012

..back on track....

First of all...I should apologise...

...to all those lovely ladies who commented on my previous (ranting) post....

...and who haven't had a reply.

Himself......computer geek Numero Uno.....managed to wreck the internet hub...

...apparently the technical term is "bricked"....

...so I haven't had a lappy to use for a few days.

So.....a big SORRY ...

...and also a big THANK YOU for the sentiments expressed!!!

I had intended to  compose a rather more "positive" blog post a bit sooner than this, but......bricks etc got in the way :-o

...but, just to let you all know that I'm out of the mood I was well and truly in...

..and have brushed myself off ready to make a start on new things.

Loads to be done over the next few weeks too!....

...so I've begun work on a couple of workshop pieces for 2013.

For Festival of Quilts, a "Mini-art-quilt" entitled "Oceanic Journey"...

...complete with Moko manikin....



...and some Rongorongo writing...






I've got a couple of delightful wooden print blocks to go with the stitching too...

Should be fun!

(All I have to do now is get the proposal off to the organiser!)

Hopefully I can then work on a scaled-up version for another workshop date.

The "mini" version is only 30 x 30cms, whereas the other will be slightly different and measure approx 60 x 40cms (with a bit more hand-stitching involved).

I did so enjoy my workshops at Harrogate!

...and had a lovely e-mail from one student who kindly sent me a piccy of here finished project.



 Her hubby has even put it up on the wall for her ...a bit of a miracle seemingly, so he MUST have been impressed with her handiwork!!

Quite right too!  Well done Karen! :-)




Now it's time to get back on that sewing machine......

x C


3 comments:

fabriquefantastique said...

love your warm and welcoming wallpaper (background)

Penny said...

Oh so glad to hear from you! Happy to see your new projects - I'm sure they're going to be warmly welcomed, who wouldn't want to take those workshops!

Anne B said...

Well Done for getting back to work, Chris. What happened at Harrogate is bound to have rocked your faith in people, but I'm glad you've moved on. Love the new designs!!!