Tuesday, 27 November 2012

WANTED!!!!!

...the thieving git who helped themselves to a WHOLE BOX....

...of my stitched samples....

...sometime between 6.30 pm Tuesday 20th November and 9.30 am Wednesday 21st, at the Harrogate International Centre!!

Remember these?











They were in a box with a few punchneedle pieces, and were minding their own business on my stand (TG 122) after being stacked there at about 6.15 pm Tuesday evening.

By the time I got back down there to set-up the next morning...

..the box pile had changed, and, after putting out the rest of my stuff, I found that it was my samples that had gone!

How did I feel?

...right at the beginning of a show?

BLOODY-WELL DEVASTATED!!!!!

Those samples took me HOURS and HOURS to do...

..and now some light-fingered BAS***D has helped themselves!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

Well...

..if anyone sees any of these pieces, please, please, PLEASE let me (or the police)
 know about it ASAP.

And, if you happen to be the one that has got them......


....MAY THE FLEAS OF A THOUSAND CAMELS INFEST YOUR ARMPITS...

...AND I SINCERELY HOPE THAT WHEN YOU NEED A RAPID BOWEL EVACUATION ....

...SOME YEAR 9 PUPIL HAS (very kindly :-) SPRINKLED THE LOO ROLL WITH CHILLI POWDER!!!



11 comments:

Kate said...

I totally agree!!! So, sorry for your loss. Hopefully they will be found and returned to you. Keep my fingers crossed.

ViDerTextil said...

unbelievable ! It's always a fear one have when setting up a stand and you suppose you leave your stuff under the good eye of "security-guards" ... but then ... those horrible thing happens! I totally agree with your wishes; I would even be worse ... I hope someone honest will cross your road!

Su said...

How awful for you. I hope somehow you get them returned to you.

Penny said...

What a horrid thing to happen.

Cas Holmes said...

HI Penny

I had a piece of work stolen at Alexandra Palace and £150 taken from my purse at Harroagte (before they handed my bag to me after visiting the same loo cubicle I just came out of!) Not as devastating as losing all your samples. However, I still have my health, a rood over my head and food in my belly. Maybe their need was greater than mine.

Suztats said...

How awful! Obviously someone without a shred of decency or a conscience.

jan said...

Thats terrible, I hope you get them back, theres some horrible folk about x

Penny said...

AWFUL!!!! Something like that is just so devastating because it takes away our faith in people. They don't only steal your stuff they steal your trust. I hope it was just a mistake and that they will be returned but if not - yep, all those curses should work!!

Chris Gray said...

Thanks to you all for your kind comments. It does make it a bit easier when you know that others are so sympathetic to your predicament.

Luckily, I have a lot of new stuff to be working on, so won't be dwelling on the losses.


x c

Ineke said...

Awful! Keep your hands of of other people's stuff!
htpp://ineke-rens.blogspot.com/

Penny Berens said...

Oh, Chris, how awful. I know the hours of work that must have been in that box.