Sunday, 22 April 2012

Indian textile collages

In amongst other things, I've been doing some small textile collages.






I've used hand-dyed felt and other bits...

...including some sequins and "banjara" dangles.

These three are now all finished and mounted on cream board for sale.


The next few days will be spent stitching a tribal panel for a workshop at Busy Bees in October....

...and, afterwards, I'll be doing a "vessel" along similar lines, for another workshop down there next February.

The Mayan panel is coming along....

...it's almost spraytime... :-o

9 comments:

ViDerTextil said...

chris, they are very beautiful. I love them very much and surely others will do too!!! see you in less than four months :-))

Chris Gray said...

Yes Viviane! I'm working on a LOT of things for August....including "Tribal Print & Stitch" workshop materials, more small panels for sale...and my rather large new Mayan pieces!

Looking forward to seeing there.
x C

Lynette (NZ) said...

Love these - I am drawn too things "Indian" and these are lovely in style & colour.

Jane said...

they are lovely Chris!

Chris Gray said...

Thanks Jane and Lynette!

I've been drawn to things Indian since discovering yoga in my teens (hippy chick!)

Hope to get quite a few more done by August...

...but still only 24 hours in a day despite petitioning for more! :-)

Penny Berens said...

Your small pieces are always beautiful Chris. I find it tough to design small. Oh, and you're so focused and productive!

Chris Gray said...

Thanks Penny....I just gather all the little bits together and play around with them until they're all used up!

It's a good exercise to stop the scrap-breeding that can go on in our work-spaces. :-)

Eva said...

Lovely! The lot of beads make my mouth water, maybe they remind me (or my inner stone age woman) of the grains and nuts that our ancestors collected...

Chris Gray said...

I like the idea of having an "stone-age woman" lurking inside! :-)