Tuesday 24 April 2012

...a date with Rudolf...

I know it's not the "normal" title for a blog-post on a Tuesday...

 ...but THIS Tuesday is a wee bitty different.

 Yes....it's choir tonight....

 ...but not "normal" choir...

 (if ANY choir evening can be deemed "normal" with us bunch of loons there!)

 No, tonight is "Cupcake Choir Night"!!

This started back in February, on Pancake Tuesday. We took in pancakes, pikelets, leicecs....

 ...or any other such creations made in a pan...

...and had an extended break during which we smothered said pan-creations with honey, jam etc....

 ...and noshed our way through the lot! :-)))

 It was a nice change to simply singing ...

 ...so it was decided to have another "noshing-event" a bit later on.

 Later on is TONIGHT....."CUPCAKE CHOIR NIGHT".

 ...and, last week, I put a number of bits of paper with musical themes on them, into a paper bag....

 ... everyone took one....

 ...and tonight, they turn up with a decorated cupcake following the theme that they drew.

Themes like....

 ...Pipe Organ...

 ...wind instruments...

. ...Pavarotti...

 ....Frank Sinatra....

 ...piano....

 ..to name but a few.

..and what did I draw?

 NUREYEV!!

Well! After various visits to various places over the last week...

 ..I've come to the conclusion that, for kiddies..

..ballet is NOT in vogue!

 Nothing remotely  ballerina-ish could be found in Hobbycraft or any other store!

So, I came home with a packet of coloured pipecleaners and pom-poms...

 ...and as I drink my "builder's tea" today...

Rudolf's chocolate puddle is drying on the top of a (cheat's) Tesco Double Chocolate Muffin! (We are such a pair of pigs here that I daren't make a batch of chocolate cakes, because we just stuff the lot!)




Not my finest-ever creation I must say!! The poor man looks more like some kind of pirouetting intergalactic space commando!!  :-o


 I'll have my camera at the ready tonight so that you can see the other efforts tomorrow :-)))