Friday, 28 October 2011

Hyperbolic stash buster!

Hmmmmmm...

...sounds like some kind of illness you need medication for!


But no...

...it's one of these instead :-)



(sorry about the lighting in this one!)

..in lovely shades of autumn.

I DO like to have a bit of crochet to do when the evenings start drawing in...

...and when you have as many odd balls of wool as I do...

...one of these easy-peasy hyperbolic scarves are just the ticket.

You can use as many (or as few) colours as you like...

Start with 150 chain; 3 more for a turn; then do 150 trebles (dc in USA I think).
Row 2; ch 3, treble (dc) 6, tr 2 in next tr., tr 6 etc to end.
Row 3; ch 3, tr 5, 2 tr in next tr, tr 5 etc to end.
Row 4; ch 3, 1 tr in each tr to end.
Row 5; ch 3, tr 4, 2 tr in next tr, tr 4 etc to end.
Row 6: ch 3, tr 3, 2 tr in next tr, tr 3 etc to end.
Row 7; ch 3, 1 tr in each tr to end.
Row 8; ch 3, tr 2, 2 tr in next tr, 2 tr etc to end.
Row 9; ch 3, tr 1, 2 tr in next tr, tr 1 etc to end.
Row 10; ch 3, 1 tr in each tr to end.

That's the basic scarf. You can add whatever edging you like.

Get out those hooks!!

5 comments:

Jeannie said...

Thank you Chris!!! I was just looking on line for something to work on in the evenings and this looks ideal!!! Love the colors in your scarf.

Mermaid's Purse said...

That does look great fun to do and, yes, just the project for relaxing on those dark wintry evenings!

Chris Gray said...

I'm glad I've prompted a crochet project Jeannie...

...and it IS fun to do Shelley :-)

Rachel said...

Sounds like fun!

Penny said...

This looks wonderful. Sadly I'm totally incapable of either knitting or crochet - so I certainly love it when I see a finished piece (since nothing I've ever attempted has gotten past the casting on part! *smile*