Saturday 6 November 2010

...being a bit of a butterfly!...

I DO have a habit of flitting from one tasty bit to another. That's why there are always many, many bits on the go around here!

In the time since the last posting, I've been in "production"...

...AND creation :-)

PRODUCTION

Brooches



....brooches....



...and MORE brooches!



...all of them printed and hand-stitched.


Then .....

..remember these?



...my Spirit Brooches from last year...



..well they've now morphed into...





..Flame Spirits, especially for the festive season :-)

The molded clay pieces...


Storks and houses...


Country lasses and deer...


Country lads and archery gear...


Cockerels and a kind-of Santa man..



Dogs and another kind-of Santa man...



..and ...of course...Angels!...

...have all been painted, and will be given the final treatment soon.

Then they'll be mounted on ......

...well,....that's a secret for now :-))))

(I'll show you next time).


CREATION

After my visit to Artique...

..I got all fired up and in a "tribal" mood again!

As I said before, I always have a number of things on the go...

...like these...





...that I have been pootling on with for quite a while.

I got a bit fed-up with the plain background colour though...

...so I put some in a plastic bag with some Procion MX dyes...

...and they came out like this.



..which I've now started stitching to a larger background panel...

..and will add lots of different bits of fabric...

...stitched with Indian/Pakistani/Afghan tribal designs.

This activity will keep me happy in the evenings when production has ended for the day...

...and creation time can begin :-)

Just one more bitty for today...

...a little while ago, I was mooching about on EBay, looking for some nice tribal textiles.....

(as you do)

...and came across a shop selling textiles from Uzbekistan.

"What a find!" I thought to myself...

...lovely embroidered and woven pieces...

..and especially some amulets...not too expensive either..

So I put in a couple of bids...

...and didn't win! :-(

Then I tried again a bit later...

...same again :-(

..then I bagan to notice...

...that no other pieces were bid on....

...only the ones that I was interested in...

Was it because the start bid was low?

"I'll try a more expensive one!" I thought...

Same again.

I eventually came to the conclusion that someone somewhere was pushing up the bidding!

I watched the shop for a while longer, and NO-ONE bid on anything at all!

The shop has now ceased trading....

...wonder why?!!

Sorry...

..I'm rambling a bit....

Anyway, those amulets...

I decided to make some myself instead!

Aida 14 dyed cloth..

..Perle 5 cotton..

..lovely zingy colours...




EYES STICKING OUT LIKE ORGAN STOPS!!!

These things take AGES to do!!

WHY oh WHY?! ...

...do I do this to myself??!!!!! :-O