Sunday, 1 August 2010

The Time Thief's been around again!!!

I can't believe that it's been almost 2 weeks since my last post here...

The Time Thief has certainly been around ...

...stealing the precious stuff!

Since passing the BIG 50....

..I really think that the clocks have shifted up a gear...

..SCARY or WHAT :-(

But...

..hands have not been idle at least...

..in fact I've gotten quite a bit done in the Thief's bag time.


AND IT'S PINK!!!!

Not normal for me at all - pink...

..but my friend's daughters would like it a lot!

It's that time of year when samples and examples need to be done for workshops and courses...

Oh Dear! ...playtime has arrived :-)))))

...and these are for a new "Paper, Print and Stitch" workshops ready to run from Sept/Oct this year.










These particular ones use some small pieces of fabric from one of Ger's "Pink Packs"...



... that arrived in the same pack as this little beauty...





..her "Mood Indigo" piece that I just couldn't resist :-)

(Don't you just LOVE having things like this drop through the letterbox?)


..and...

..as well as PINK....

...RED...

...is also making a comeback!

..in these...



..and these...







..which are destined to be the centrepieces of some small patched bags, cushions or bookcovers...

Thoughts are beginning to turn back around to home-stuff too...

Some time back we had a woodburner installed...

...in a corner of the living-room that had no fireplace or hearth or chimney!

Some men with a magnificent drilling machine were invited to make a 10 inch hole...

...through a 2 foot 8 inch thick wall...

...at EXACTLY 45 degrees..

..PRETTY PLEASE!

This they did in about 35 minutes! WOW!!!

...and last winter, when it was minus double figures...

..we were not cold :-)

There's just one thing bugging me...




...what to put in that 55 inch-wide space above the fire?!!



...and then...



..there's the kitchen to finish off.... :-o


(Hope that Time Thief stays away!)

18 comments:

Jensters said...

I love the second one down with what looks like gold leaf, but they are all stunning....great work.

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Chris, you always amaze me with the amount of beautiful work you produce, always interesting and inspiring. I love it all, but most particularly the layered pieces with the gold. Are your red patterns printed?

Love Heike's things too. Lucky you!

All for now, hope you find the time to do all the things you wish for and hope to be in touch with you again soon, now that my quilt is finished at last!

Love
xo

Chris Gray said...

..yes...that IS gold leaf on there..

(well "metal leaf" that's gold coloured ;-)

Yes Carolyn...the patterns are printed...

..my collection of indian print blocks is quite large now!

ger said...

The Time Thief´s my constant companion... ;) - glad your goods arrived safe + to your satisfaction (thanks for your mail...)! - I especially like the "gold" leaf one, too...

raquel said...

Your work, a love is very beautiful the colors, the insuperable creativity

Penny said...

These are lovely, are these workshops on line or as usual are they a 1000 miles from me?
I would love to do something like this.

Eva said...

what a beautiful series! and I wouldn't call it pink, it is light burgundy, and it integrates into your work in a lovely way.

AeFondKis said...

Oh Chris I love your pink collection! What rich lovely patterns, productive beyond my ken!
How do you manage it all?
Linda x

ArtPropelled said...

Well you might not like the "pink" but I think these pieces are beautiful ..... and the new header of course. The time thief has been visiting me too. Hmmmm, maybe it is the 50 thing.

Chris Gray said...

Thanks Ger and Raquel...

..and Eva...I like the idea of "pale burgundy"...Yes!...Pale Burgundy it is!

So, Robyn, I can like these because they're NOT pink after all :-)

Well, Linda, I just keep at it...

...and enjoy every moment :-)

..and Penny...

...SORRY!...I think we're about 10,000 miles apart!

(but we are thinking about online workshops/courses when the technical operator is back in his productive groove)

Deborah said...

Beautiful work!

ancientcloth said...

lovely stitching! The pink/pale burgundy colors are beautiful.
<3

p.s. the time thief seems to try to visit me too lol! :)

jude said...

good to see you back, everything here is beautiful.

Mermaid's Purse said...

They look "Dusky Rose" to me ......... love pink anyway and the glitz ......... they're lovely!!

Chris Gray said...

Thanks for all the lovely comments!.....Deb, Ancient Cloth, Jude and Shelley....

..this stuff is what keeps my world turning...and it's really nice that others like what I love to make :-)

MargaretR said...

Lovely work Chris, that is going to be a lovely workshop.
I feel just the same about that time stealer. How do we get rid of him?

suziqu's thread works said...

My first visit here - Love your pink/burgundy stitched pieces.
Beautiful work! The little gold leaf in there works beautifully!
Best wishes -
Suzy.
P.S. Your stamps are amazing!

Chris Gray said...

Thanks Margaret and Suziqu...

I really wish I knew how to get rid of the Time Thief...

at the moment I need about 72 hours in a day!

..and I'm liking the pinks and burgundys too.

..I also love my stamp collection....which is growing at a pace :-))