Friday, 21 May 2010

...not quite Moroccan?!!....

Well...

...things have been moving along, albeit slowly, this last week.

In between doctor things and sorting things, sketchbook pages have happened.





...but don't look particularly "Moroccan"!

They seem to me to be more "South American" :-o

...but I don't really mind....

I like the colours and the patterns, and I can see some nice bag fronts appearing within the pages.

I brightened up the colours....

...and took some inspiration from some Moroccan/Berber rugs...







..mixed with some henna patterns....



..and got what I got! :-)

I will be continuing in this vein as I'm really enjoying the experience...

8 comments:

JP said...

I love them again - you seem to be going from strength to strength

Eva said...

They are beautiful. Beyond being Moroccan or South American, they are elementary human culture, and they are very Chrisgrayan.

Sweetpea said...

Chris, you seem to come up with your own symbolic language, no matter what inspires you along the way. Much to be learned from such a process...and I thank you for that.

Eva, love what you wrote - YES!

AeFondKis said...

Chris really nice colours and patterns that you are exploring, there is an element of outer space to your visual language almost crop circles! I look at your work and think it makes me think of a landing map for other beings....and yes it was only a cup of Earl Grey I have had so far!
Linda

ArtPropelled said...

Yes! I really like these!

Mermaid's Purse said...

I am really liking the bright colours and bags is a lovely idea!

Marie said...

Quite lovely! You really have such an amazing way with pulling colors and designs together...fabulous!

Chris Gray said...

The colours and design elements seem to sit very comfortably together...and I'm loving doing these pages!

I feel like "mixing" things up a bit now too...

...and why the heck not!!