Saturday, 1 May 2010

#1 finished!

The final couple of sections have now been finished....

...and as you'll see...


....the blue was replaced by a lovely deep red!


A piece of geuine Amazigh (Berber) weaving - part of a cushion that I bought in the Atlas.....

...and yes, I know.....I cut it..... :-o

...but I did buy it with that purpose in mind.





..and this is the whole of the finished piece...



I'm REALLY pleased with it...


...and enjoyed doing it SO much....

..that I've already started the next one :-)

8 comments:

ArtPropelled said...

Love it! You're on a roll ..... on to the next.Do you know Jette Clover's work? Lovely stitched rusty pieces you will love.

Sweetpea said...

SUBLIME! The red berber is absolutely perfect...a truly beautiful piece. It was wonderful following your whole process and I'm very much looking forward to the next.

Chris Gray said...

Thanks for that Robyn!...I've just had a quick look at Jette's site...and, as usual, you're right. I'll have alonger look tomorrow

..and I thought the red Berber would be received quite well ;-)

jude said...

excellent

Diane said...

This turned out wonderful. I love the switch to red. The perfect touch :)

ancientcloth said...

I spy a merkabah symbol at the top! The new color is perfect, just beautiful and soft the way it was meant to be. :)

Kaye Turner said...

What a joy it was to find your blog. I see we share some readers...

Eva said...

This is wonderful. The simplicity... The direct speech of the symbols... Very archaic.