Friday, 5 February 2010

...latest bit of red.....



...and likely to be the last of this kind for a while.




After my Moroccan adventure, I'm really eager to get back to my "Tribal" work.

Work like this.....



....and this.....

...and this.....

...and this....


....has inspired me immensely, and I'm now itching to get back into the "Tribal Groove"!

I've enjoyed the little escape into the "Soft and Red", and techniques employed there will now carry on into new work.

The dyepot has been out, and piles of coloured fabrics are on every horizontal surface in the studio...

Threads and beads are in baskets and pots everywhere....


..I REALLY need to go and tidy-up.....

11 comments:

ArtPropelled said...

Your latest piece of red is so divine and all the Moroccan colours and dezigns are making my mouth water. Guess what my next post is going to be!

Chris Gray said...

Thanks Robyn.....

(..an e-mail is winging it's way to you right now...)

AeFondKis said...

Chris, your red work is rich and has such depth, the circles within circles or meeting point is a theme that has endless fascination.....

Chris Gray said...

Thanks Linda....and I agree with you....there's something about circles and spirals that's special..

Eva said...

These rugs are truly inspiring! It is so good to have this urge to create. I miss it in times when it is low.

JP said...

I love your red work - it has been very gentle but you are obviously now ready to hit the patterns!!!

jackie said...

I need to have a tidy as I feel a new project coming on. I like your red work and the intense stitching.
Thanks for your comment, hope you enjoy making the sketch book.

Chris Gray said...

No-one need fear!...the essence of the "Soft and Red" will permeate new work....

The "intense stitching" will always be there - it's part of my make-up...and the reds will still appear...how could they not when they are present in the repertoire of so many cultures?

This will not be a complete departure...but merely a side-stepping, with "Soft and Red" elements mingling with patterns and colours from wherever takes my fancy at the time!

No slavish copying of pieces will be found here.....but a melange of pleasing bits brought together just for the hell of it!

:-)

Jasmine said...

Such wonderful patterns.

Mermaid's Purse said...

The red piece is beautiful .......... notice there is a bit of "red" in the new inspiration photos too!! Thanks for all yoru encouraging comments! x

Amelia said...

I've been doing a blog visiting session this morning and there are so many amazing things that people are doing. Great inspiration here.

Thank you,

Amelia.x