Wednesday, 10 February 2010

...merging....

Whilst tidying up in the studio, I came across another piece of "Soft and Red" prepared background. So....

...rather than making a complete change into new tribal-inspired work....

..I decided to let the two simply merge....

...to change slowly.....

...to evolve into their new selves.


Inspired by a gorgeous piece of stitchery, again from Afghanistan (supplied by Rayela),





...I used one of the chain-stitch bands on my own piece.





It feels "comfortable" in there....

...I'll go with it...

..and see where it leads.

9 comments:

Mermaid's Purse said...

Yes, it fits very nicely in there!!

AeFondKis said...

comfortable is perfect, it marries into the textile and becomes one....
Linda

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Well, dear Chris, what have you been up while I've been away? Very busy, I see! I am very much enjoying your soft slow cloth pieces. I took my red bit away with me and managed some hand stitching in the sun. It was so lovely to be able to stitch all day and plan the progress of the piece

Love
Carolyn x

Eva said...

This is so beautiful! The stitching together with your print -- love it!

JP said...

it looks fabulous as always

ArtPropelled said...

Looking good!

jude said...

i like your new direction of merging. i am very interested in this concept of redefining tradition. cloth always inspires cloth....

Chris Gray said...

Thanks to all of you for your (as always) kind and encouraging comments!.....I'm glad that my ideas are as pleasing to you as they are to me.

I will be using a lot more "traditional" techniques in my new adventure....but, as I've said here, "merging" them with my own "songs from the heart" - the things that just "happen" when I put needle into cloth.....

Rayela Art said...

I love how you are really using these remnants as inspiration, interpreting and then making them as your own.

And, once again, thanks for plugging my store!