Wednesday, 30 December 2009

...busy time at the end of 2009....

OK.....so I didn't make it to 2010 without doing another posting!


....but I just had to share the things that were beginning to pile up....


...otherwise there'd be too much to post next week! (that's my story any way ;-)


So, here's a piccy of the one started before Christmas....




..changed a bit....and finished.


I've also added some printing to some others......






(..there's that "nearly" reindeer again!...)









..and these will be hand stitched over the next few (snowbound again!) days.



These aren't the only bits of stitching that have happened though.....


.....because Santa brought some SASHIKO toys!.....


...and these are what I've done so far....








...and I love this technique.....it's so addictive!



I've decided to use some Sashiko in my "Bound Whispers" project.

(This has already been started here on my Paper and Word blog with a "palm-leaf" book about Giordano Bruno.)


"Bound Whispers" will now (probably) form a large part of my creative output for 2010....


...taking me to all four corners of the globe.....


I'm going to enjoy it!


HAPPY NEW YEAR...............................EVERYONE!

17 comments:

Textile Art Showcase said...

You have been busy and very creative - the piece all look really good - I love the pieces in red especially.

Joei Rhode Island said...

Yummy colors and *love* that reindeer!
Happy New Year I will look forward to seeing what *Whispers* holds.

Diane said...

A wonderful feast for the eyes!

JP said...

wow I can't believe how busy you've been - it is so lovely as a finished piece - I shall just have to get stitching!!!

Chris Gray said...

Thanks....all of you for your comments and encouragement...

I think 2010 will be even busier than 2009 (if that's possible!).

Lets get our stitching fingers revved up for the coming year :-)

The crafty Kaeru said...

Wow, that sashiko is gorgeous!

Wishing you a wonderful 2010 :)

Kate x

Lorie McCown said...

wowie, what a great post! I love it all and especially the shashiko! happy new year!

Guzzisue said...

Happy 2010 :-) I may have to dig out my book on sashiko even though it is in Japanese!

fibrefrolics said...

What a busy lady. Especially like the "nearly" reindeer.You have inspired me to get stuck in and rev up the sewing machine which has been having a little Christmas rest lately!

Chris Gray said...

...I'm so glad that something that I'm doing is inspiring someone else...

..makes it all the more worthwhile!

Enjoy what do do ladies....

Eva said...

How wonderful. Those reds, the ethnic art appeal. And the sashiko. How do you manage to keep it so flat? I'd certainly quilt it into wrinkles if I tried.

Chris Gray said...

...just keep the cloth softly in your hand...

...and don't pull the thread too much......

Why not have a go when your hand is better?

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Chris this is WONDERFUL WORK. I love how it's evolving and, of course, that gorgeous colourway! Looking forward to our challenges ... will email ...

xx

AeFondKis said...

Hi Chris Happy New Year!
just am wowed at your output!
Terrific inspiration my girl!
Linda x

ger said...

A good + creative year to you... + thanks for your birhtday wishes...!

Jane LaFazio said...

oh my goodness. how beautiful! lOVE this!! Found you via facebook/slow cloth group. I'll be back!

Ro Bruhn said...

I've just discovered your blog, what wonderful works of art, love your stitching and colour combinations.