Thursday, 22 October 2009

Pazyryk deer....and a new Blog!



Here's a piccie of the Pazyryk "deer" that I did back in 1998...

I'd read an article about the excavation of a Pazyryk "Princesses" tomb in National Geographic, and was really taken with the tattoo she had on her arm.

So, I got a bit of turban cotton, and a pot of Citadel blue wash and did this copy of the design. It's outlined in gold pen.

I recently found a book entitled "Art of the Steppe" on one of our second-hand-book-hunting jaunts....

...there are LOADS of lovely pictures in there.....


Oh Good Grief!.....more project material!............


...as if I didn't have enough already.....:-)


...and my new blog Paper and Word is now up and running....


..hope you enjoy it........

3 comments:

CAROLYN SAXBY said...

Do you think we will ever finish all the projects on our list of things that inspire us?

Eva said...

Oh, this is great! Is it a lino cut?
These Scythian designs are so elegant. And I love to see that we share the enthusiasm for ancient and ethnic art.

Chris Gray said...

Not in THIS lifetime Carolyn!

Only thing is...I'm already stashing projects for the next but one!


..and...

No, it's not a lino cut, but I'd love to do one....

SEE! There's another one to add to the list....

..and Yes!...I do love ancient and ethnic art...

..more of this will be appearing over on my Paper and Word blog :-)