Tuesday 25 August 2009

.....brooches....

I said that I'd been looking at doing some different bits - including some pieces of "Jewellery" or "Wearable Art".....

...and, as the skies have been mostly grey again, I've been working on some brooches...




These are done along the lines of some of my "Tribal" pieces - quite linear - but without the large gaps between the lines (bit difficult on such small pieces!).




I'm still at the "experimental" sort-of stage with these - but I like the results so far.....




and I certainly have enjoyed working "small" again....

.....with lots of lovely beads and hand stitching - heaven!




I've got another batch of backgrounds done - slightly different - to carry on with over the next week.

I've also acquired a few new, really small, wooden print blocks. These were bought with jewellery pieces in mind; so we'll see where it all goes...

Whatever happens.......I'm having fun!