Monday 27 July 2009

Back from Alsace.......

......and thinking of so much to do, I just don't know where to start!

We've had a really freat time in such a beautiful part of the world. Good thing I got some extra camera memory before going, 'cos I was a real "Happy Snappy Chicky" the whole of the time.

I love scenery......but it's architecture that really does it for me.....

...and Alsace has wonderful architecture by the bucketload!

All those timber-framed buildings that look like they're reaching for the sky as you walk through narrow streets.

Too easy to get a stiff neck from looking up all the time.....

It rained a fair bit, but it didn't stop us enjoying ourselves, and we feel really rested now.

THE highlight of the holiday for me was a trip into Switzerland to visit the Zentrum Paul Klee at Bern. WOW WOW WOW.! ......and WOW some more!

I must have just about every book ever done with his work in....

...but this was the first time I'd seen it "in the flesh" as it were.


Yes, the pictures in the books are good....but the real thing is SO much better.

To see the brush strokes; the stratch marks; the feathery edges where a piece of paper has been used to get a straight edge; the colours; the puppets; the.....

...everything!

To sit in silence with so many other people, just soaking in the paintings and the atmosphere is a memory that will stay with me for a very long time...

Now I'm back home - I have to decide what to do next. Fancy something a bit different from all the "Tribal" stuff - hmmm - hmmm - hmmm ....

Here are just some of the photos.....(I won't bore you with too many - and I don't think that Blogger would be too happy at having to host about 1500 in one go anyway!)