Monday 8 March 2021

Returning to the "traditional".......and enjoying every minute of it!!

 For quite a number of years now...

...I have experimented with various different techniques...

...some more successful than others!

This last 12 months though have found me returning to the more "traditional" kind of stitching...

...the one that started me off at the age of about 3 or 4...

...simple cross stitch.

You will have noticed that there has been quite a bit of it appearing on my blog in recent posts...

...and this week is no different :-)


I have finished a small piece called "Nebraska Prairie" by BlackBird Designs...

...changing a few of the colours...

...and intending to make it up into a needle-book rather than a pin-roll or wall piece.




It took a wee while as it was stitched using one thread on 18 count Aida...

...but my new pair of +4 magnifying specs work brilliantly!!!


I am also working on a piece from "Hands Across the Sea Samplers"...

...by Marion B Horsburgh (finished by her on April 9th 1866).

This is my "upstairs stitching" as I have it on a roller frame in my workroom.

I decided to dye the threads for this one...

...so the dye bags came out for a dozen or so skeins of fine cotton...

...and I got the results that I wanted...

...slightly mottled and "aged" looking :-)







I am so pleased with how they look on this 16 count Aida "aged" with a black/brown Bister mix.





Downstairs stitching is also progressing...

...and I'll show that next week!


Best wishes from Ty Mabon for now...


...keep safe and well lovely peeps.


x C