Monday 22 February 2021

February 2021 ~ week 3 ~ wildlife stitching etc.....

 It's only the 22nd of Feb...

...and we were able to have lunch outside on the terrace today!!

I only went out to put in my first seeds...

... and found that it was so warm that I had to take off my little cotton jacket :-)

Si I dashed back indoors...

...put on a saucepan of packet Minestrone soup...

...and we had that...

...followed by tinned peaches with double cream...

...and an espresso with chocolate mendiants that I'd made on the weekend.

All feels a little more "right" in my world :-D


Meanwhile...

...indoors over the last week...

...I've been stitching some "wildlife".

I had some "Grove" panels from Makower a couple of years ago...

...and have only now done anything with them.

This is number #1









I have another 7 to go!!


Another bit of wildlife was done in cross-stitch...

...a "BlackBird Designs" strawberry entitled..... "Dancing Sugar Plum".

Done on 18 count linen Aida...

...it was a bit hard on the old eyeballs...

...but I love it!




Especially made up with some lovely grey lace and a pink hanging ribbon :-)




I have a lot more cross-stitch planned...

...and have been dyeing some Aida to dull it down a bit...




I used various bister powders from yellow ochre to walnut brown and black...

....mixed in different amounts in spray bottles.

I am happy with the results and now need to alter some threads to "age" them before stitching.


Have a very pleasant week dear folks


x C