Sunday 20 January 2019

Gelli Plate samples for Busy Bees

It was a "play day" around here yesterday...

...messing about with Gel Plates....ink pads....brayers....and polymer stamps...

...making some samples for my workshop at Busy Bees on the 9th of Feb :-) (Sorry it's full!)

I had already done some 6 inch round pieces...but wanted to do some a bit smaller...

...so these are 4 inches (10.12cms) and have turned out rather well methinks.







I brayered the background on the plate...

...transferred this to some Empress Mills Egyptian Cotton... (which is soooo fine that you can hardly see the grain!)

...then used some of my delightful Lavinia Stamps to put on top.

After everything had dried...

...I put some stabiliser and a backing fabric in place...

...and did my stitching using a hoop - yes.....a hoop (not normal for Chrissie but necessary for such tiny stitches).

This is just Number 1

...so keep tuned for the rest...

x C