Friday 12 August 2016

Summer Sketchbooks #1

Back home.....but very tired...

...after the last workshop run.

It took a couple of days to get my head back into "thinking mode"...

...but it happened, eventually, and I busied myself with making a couple of "Summer Sketchbooks" out of wall-lining paper.

I tore the sheets...

...ironed them flat...

....stitched two together on the sewing machine...

...applied gesso to both sides...

...and bound them using machine-cords.

This is the smaller one...

...long and narrow...

...covers done with stencils and Markal Paintstiks this morning.

Front cover...




Back cover...




Opened out at the binding point...




My stencils cut on the Scan'n'Cut...





I am intending to do some eco-dyeing on paper and cloth while I'm away...

...there are a couple of large pieces of fabric going around in the washer at the minute...

...helped along by four strong tea-bags :-)

x C