Sunday 8 July 2018

. a little bit different...

...for me anyways...

I'm doing several "Japanese Inspiration" workshops this summer and next...

...and am trying to come up with as many possibilities as I can.

So...

...alongside the obvious "book" format...

...I've now started to work on some smaller pieces...

...to be wound around some wooden spools.

What fun!!

...and a bit tricky as the paper background is soooooooo narrow!!

This is where all those lovely polymer/rubber stamps come out of their folder...

(Inkylicious and Card-io this time)

I used my alphabet rubber stamps to put in a Basho Haiku about Cherry Blossom...

...and used the tiny Card-io "Oriental Blossom" polymer stamps to go with it.

...and I get to use the beautiful sheets of origami paper that have been in the drawer for a while :-o

The paper background was sprayed with Brusho....three pieces stitched together...

...and I also included a couple of pieces of fabric with Sashiko and Boro stitching.

I'm really happy with the result...






I think I am going to enjoy making some more of these!!

x C