Tuesday 16 May 2017

Multi-tasking...

I'm trying to get a number of things underway before I have some surgery on my knee on Friday.

It may be a bit difficult to move around for a few days afterwards, so if the groundwork is done...

...it will be easier to carry on (hopefully!).

I'm cutting more hexagons for my patchwork piece....

...this is for me to take in with me to help pass the time...

...my jobby is 6 out of 7 on the list so it will seem like a very long day (have to be in there for 7 am).

Hexagons don't require any brain activity - just stitch and join....stitch and join...

You never know it might even get finished this year!! :-)


Love these purple shades...

...and afterwards the embroidery bit...


Also done is a page for another Japanese-inspired little book...

...using a lovely Sweet Poppy stencil and some very fine glitter powder...

(Don't know if you can get the glittery bit from these photos)



Aren't they delish.....

And, again, I've been delving back into the past...

...this time in the Departmental Archives of the Morbihan where we used to live.

The Napoleonic land survey was done in 1812...

...and this is the bit with my hamlet and house on!


I feel a bit of stitching coming on......



Finally...the mess that is my worktable...

...playing around with Tim Holtz Tattered Florals....

...making a few vintage-looking blooms for one of the projects in the book I'm working on...



Please keep everything crossed for me on Friday...

...I'm really not looking forward to it all, but if it means almost two years of pain is over...

...it'll be worth it!

x C