Tuesday, 16 August 2016

Summer Sketchbooks #4

I wasn't going to...

...but, you know how it is...

...just couldn't resist...

...doing a little bit of printing!!

I wanted some of the images the other way around...

...so if you look carefully...

...you'll see a kind of "ghost" image behind the main print.








I did these by printing onto freezer paper...

...then placing the print down onto the fabric and gently rubbing it to transfer the image.

I was really happy with the way they turned out!

I know I could have used a Gelli-Plate...

...but the freezer paper required less clean-up...

...and I didn't have to hunt for it either!!


 Maybe I'll even do a bit of stitching tomorrow...

...or should I be packing?

x C

4 comments:

Living to work - working to live said...

What a brilliant idea. Reckon grease proof paper might work too!

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

You started with magnificent fabric and played with these simple images...beautiful!

Caterina Giglio said...

ah, old fashioned freezer paper... wonderful!!

Chris Gray said...

I found that my paint "beaded" on greaseproof...but was fine on the freezer paper.

The fabric is beautiful...almost a shame to print on it...but I feel that it worked. I have done a little bit of machine stitching...but will leave the hand stitching until next week.

Hopefully wifi will allow posts while we are away.....

x C