Saturday 6 February 2016

Winter weather = Red stitching

I was reading Penny's blog post just now...

...about hibernating critters...

...and how us humans behave a bit differently at this time of year...

Well, I suppose I am inclined to stay a-bed for a little while longer in the mornings...

...but what I've noticed for quite some years now...

...is that as soon as I feel winter coming in...

...I want to stitch red!

I have two pieces on the go at the minute...

...the larger one is a chart by Black Phoebe Designs...

...called "World Tree".

I couldn't resist it! :-)



The smaller one is based on a piece of Slovakian embroidery...

...and also has stags on, but more stylized.




I don't know what exactly it is about this red cross-stitching thingy...

...but it makes me feel all comfy, cosy and contented.

Hope you can find something that makes you feel the same...

x C