Saturday, 25 July 2015

Speechless!!

Diddldy Dum...

...Diddly Dee...

Medieval Inspirations sketchbook coming along nicely.

Stretton Sugwas Sampson manikin...

First page...



second page...




so far so good...

lovely bit of lino carving...

...complete with tiny holes to make shaded textured areas...

wonderful.....




Spotted it yet?




Bloody thing's printed BACKWARDS AGAIN!!!

You'd have thought that after making this very mistake with the first angel...

...I'd have learned to reverse the drawing before transferring onto the lino wouldn't you!!?

Bloody well SPEECHLESS!!

.....and feeling a right prat! :-(


C

4 comments:

PaulineC said...

You are not alone in this failing. I am severely left-right challenged particularly when it comes to Bondaweb. The same mistake over and over again. According to my son who considers himself an expert on dyslexia (he is particularly brilliant on blaming it for any failings) being left-right challenged is a form of it.

Living to work - working to live said...

Noooooo!!

I'm sure I would make the same mistake too.

Great image by the way!

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

All my years printmaking and I still feel my eyes rolling, huge gaps in next steps and then left speechless. These are lovely cuts making great images.

Penny said...

I go totally wonkers just trying to figure out which direction to cut the fabric for birds wings. When it comes to backwards/forwards, upside down/right side up skills I'm definitely lacking!