Wednesday, 4 June 2014

Stones....thoughts.....ideas.....

Well...

...seeing as all my bits are done for Saturday....

...I decided to have some "playtime" inspired by our Whitsun half-term holiday visits to.....

...the world famous Stonehenge....





...the even larger Avebury Henge.....






...and the smallest....Woodhenge.






Now, there are no signs of any of the following types of carvings at any of the sights we visited....

...these (below) are from Northumberland.





But, allowing myself a bit of "artistic licence"....

....I'm going to play around with shapes and patterns simply as I please!

I have done some of these shapes before....

...as some of you will remember.....

(I've only just started stitching this one)



...but I've now done some smaller, more slender shapes....

...a kind of "generic goddess form" I suppose....

...and plan to embellish them with some cup and ring designs....



I may even have a blitz with some fettishes!! :-)

Whatever......

...it'll be FUN!!!!!!!!!

Have some fun yourselves


x C

6 comments:

jinxxxygirl said...

All your fabric and thread yumminess (is that a word? :)) always makes me want to pick up a need and thread and i don't sew! Not a lick...Cannot wait to see what you make. Hugs! deb

Chris Gray said...

Don't worry about sewing Deb! Just do it with paint and collage instead :-)

x C

liniecat said...

fab new body shape that!

Anne B said...

Nice henge sketch. V exciting Chris!

Chris Gray said...

Thanks Liniecat! I wanted to do something a bit different from the usual fat-bummed lady with her arms over her head! I think this one will work nicely for what I have in mind.......sketchbook pages beginning this morning :-)

Penny said...

Your 'artistic license' is going to bring about lovelies!