Tuesday 20 May 2014

Back from my travels.... Warning! ...lots of piccies...

And what a WONDERFUL time I had too!

First.....

...my two days with the Lincolnshire Guild...

Day one - a talk and mini-workshop with about 60 lovely ladies.....

...then Day two - a full day with a group of 9.

Splendido!!!

My talk on the tribal textiles that inspire me was very well met.

...well...

...they laughed and clapped in the right places, so it seemed well met.....

...and then everyone launched themselves into stitching the front panel of a small amulet that I had printed and bonded beforehand.





I have asked them to take photos of the pieces when they are all finished....

...and, coincidentally, the group are working on an exhibition to be held in Lincoln Cathedral...

....based on Medieval inspirations/influences.....

...so the small squares will look a bit like a medieval paving! YEY!

On Sunday, we were a smaller gathering, but just as happy.

Printing seemed to be a very satisfying pastime....

...and one lady did nothing else ALL DAY!!

I guess she'll have a couple of years worth of stitching to carry on with now. :-)

Again, everyone launched into their tribal-inspired panels....

....and some came very close to finishing.....

I have been promised photos when all are done.





The van was packed up....

...and so was the Gladdyvan....

...and I then drove up northwards to Grassington for "Stitching in the Dales".

What a treat!!

Twelve delightful ladies....

....lots of messy tables.....

...LOADS of printing......

...and some gorgeous stitching!!









I had taken loads of my tribal pieces for inspiration...

...and laid out a table full of books, samples and sketchbooks for folk to flick through....



The group downstairs with Rachel Lombard also had a wonderful time.

These are some of their finished pieces...




Isn't it amazing what you can do with brown paper!!!?

I send BIG THANK YOUs to Hilary and Cath for inviting me to come and spend time with their respective groups.

I had a really GREAT time!!

x C