Wednesday, 9 April 2014

"Rock Stories" ....progress report...

Fair bouncing along with this one!!

I've now done all of the inside panels...

...and attached two little books this time.




I've used some rubber stamps around edges....

....IMPRESS ME  stamps by Sherrill Kahn....

....and some little critter feet that I found somewhere or other :-)

(They look so like little desert rodent feet that I just had to include them!!)






These Colouricious blocks are printed onto my scrunched Landscape Tissue that had been used to put a texture on the Gelli Plate. See how the raised areas have picked up the paint and made a glorious, almost leather/skin-like pattern.




"Petroglyph People" rubber stamps from Impress me...




I bought these rubber sets some years ago now, and I think they've been replaced by different ones. There is still a set available though - set 6 ...


...which would do very nicely thank you!!

Now I have to go work on the outside panels.....

x C

8 comments:

PaulineC said...

Gorgeous Chris and I just love the rodent foot prints.

Living to work - working to live said...

Tissue that looks like leather - now that has real possibilities!!

Chris Gray said...

I loved the rodent stamps as soon as I saw them!! ..and I know they were dirt cheap because they were being sold off. Sorted!!! ...because you NEVER know when you'll need a rat to scuttle across your work do you!? :-)

Hey Hils! Remember our convo at the NEC when I told you about that stuff from B&Q......another leather lookalike. If you want a couple of pieces to play with, e-mail me with your snail mail and I'll pop some in the post. x C

Chris Gray said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Penny said...

These are fabulous -- oh, have I said that before *smile*! The whole look is so perfect. I imagine a desert tribe carefully preserving the images of the world around them.

Charlton Stitcher said...

I've missed the beginning of these - too much going on recently. So these are a delightful surprise - intriguing and colourful and telling stories.

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

This is gorgeous, Chris. I love the inclusion of the stamps - they work perfectly with all the other wonderful elements.

jackie said...

I have this same set of stamps and still use it a lot. Most recently on a basket made from newspaper, which I filled with Easter eggs as a present.