Tuesday, 1 April 2014

...coffee stirrers...

Here are a few piccies of my prettied-up coffee stirrers....

.... from my "Silken Treasures" tri-fold.





I added one to my "Memories of Cambodia" book too.





I first painted the ends with some acrylic paint.....

....then wrapped it with hand-dyed silk thread.....

....wound some metallic machine thread randomly over the top of the silk....

...and tied a knot at the bottom. (Secured with clear nail polish)

Ta DA!!


I have other uses for coffee stirrers too......I'll share those with you sometime :-)))


...but now I must away upstairs and get some work done!


x C

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Very effective, a lovely finish to a piece of work. I've been collecting these for a while to incorporate into my weaving but haven't done so yet.

Chris Gray said...

Thanks Debbie. I've used them on the loom for quite some time....they're good for warp spacing at the bottom of a frame loom I find.....and for hanging small pieces too.

You can, of course, dye them with Brusho or Procion MX and use them as embellishments somehow.

x C

Penny said...

They are a lovely addition.

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

Your latest trifold is another beauty, Chris. The wrapped coffee stirrers are a perfect detail. Lovely to see it coming together.