Wednesday, 6 November 2013

Hot off the press!!

My very first book...

....will be available on my stand at Harrogate on the 21st November...

...and in the shop on the website after the 27th .

Price £10.00 (plus p+p)



I was SO pleased to have the proof copy in my hands today!!


It has 20 pages (plus covers),  with background information on my new body of work which is entitled "Magic". This has come about after doing some research into how tribal and ancient cultures have used symbols in their art and textiles.

I've not copied their work, but done my own thing by printing "magic spell parchments" and making amulets, scroll covers and wall pockets to hold them. All have delightful "dangles" that have been modelled on a Banjara one that I found some years ago.

I have included projects/instructions for the amulets, scroll covers, wall pockets and dangles - with photos and diagrams, so that you can make your own pieces. Full colour photos of finished pieces and close-ups of stitching are scattered throughout the book.

Suppliers and reading lists are at the back.




p.s.

I'll have a number of lovely postcards for sale too....

Hope to see you there!

x C

9 comments:

Ineke said...

Congratulations!

Jan said...

Congrats! Can you us a little more about it?

fabriquefantastique said...

well done, I bet you are proud of yourself...i know I wouls be.

Debbie said...

Congratulations, must have been a thrill to see it finished for the first time.

Chris Gray said...

Yes! I am thrilled to bits!

...more info now inserted in the blog post...

:-)

ViDerTextil said...

congratulations Chris; I note the date of 27th in my calendar for my shopping !!!

Penny said...

Well done and congrats from me too! It looks lovely and it will be great to have your techniques in one convenient book -- with which to ponder, dream and even create.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Congratulations!
The cover is beautiful. Can't wait to see what is inside.

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Congratulations! The cover photo is magical and I will be anxious to order this book later in Nov.. I am new to beading on my work and find it a wonderful way to express with color and texture ... also a time out of time in the process of sewing the beads. Mary Ann