Wednesday 6 November 2013

Hot off the press!!

My very first book...

....will be available on my stand at Harrogate on the 21st November...

...and in the shop on the website after the 27th .

Price £10.00 (plus p+p)



I was SO pleased to have the proof copy in my hands today!!


It has 20 pages (plus covers),  with background information on my new body of work which is entitled "Magic". This has come about after doing some research into how tribal and ancient cultures have used symbols in their art and textiles.

I've not copied their work, but done my own thing by printing "magic spell parchments" and making amulets, scroll covers and wall pockets to hold them. All have delightful "dangles" that have been modelled on a Banjara one that I found some years ago.

I have included projects/instructions for the amulets, scroll covers, wall pockets and dangles - with photos and diagrams, so that you can make your own pieces. Full colour photos of finished pieces and close-ups of stitching are scattered throughout the book.

Suppliers and reading lists are at the back.




p.s.

I'll have a number of lovely postcards for sale too....

Hope to see you there!

x C