Sunday 13 October 2013

Preparing for the next trip...

I sat down the other day and worked out how many miles we covered this summer...

...and was amazed to find that we'd traveled over 2000 miles in just  6 (what seemed to be) short weeks!

No wonder we felt whacked when we got back....

...that's a lot of bum-numbing hours in the van!

Thank the lord for the Gladdyvan though. We could never have done this with the tent!

In between sewing on ga-zillions of beads for my "Magic" work....

....and trying to get things ready for the printer....

...I am now throwing some left-over (ha ha) energy into preparing for the next big trip....

...which will be taking me to, among other places....

...HERE!




I've been lucky enough to have been asked to teach on board a cruise ship going down through the Philippines...

...to Borneo and Brunei...

....across the South China Sea to Cambodia....

...and finishing up at Bangkok!

Thrilled or what??!!!...especially as it is during February and early March when the weather here is less-than-perfect!

I have to prepare everything before I go, so I can work out exactly what materials I need to take...

...and provide enough inspiration to (hopefully) encourage folk to continue with their projects when they get back home.

Sketchbook pages have been gesso'd and sprayed and sprinkled with Brusho paints and sprays....







(How did we EVER manage before Brusho??!)

...and beautiful textile materials have been gathered...

(Batiks from Empress Mills...and silks from The Silk Route...)









Now all I have to do is keep my mitts off them all until Harrogate is over!! :-o



...well.....



....maybe I can give myself a LITTLE bit of playtime now and again?....;-)


x C