Tuesday, 8 October 2013

...on to Belgium...

After a couple of lovely weeks in Alsace, we shifted on to Belgium....

...and pitched ourselves near Kortenberg, just to the east of Bruxelles.

Here I had a simply wonderful day with 17 lovely ladies....

....during a workshop day of blissful stitching.





Thanks so much to Viviane for arranging it all. I had a great time and look forward to doing it all again!!

Couldn't miss the opportunity to visit Ghent (Gent) while we were there....





Such a beautiful city....

...last visited in about 1992.

Wandering around the little old streets I came across this place....


...where I acquired some exquisite bits to play around with....



I feel some pretty little panels coming on......

See you soon

x C

5 comments:

Penny said...

That looks like just my kind of shop!

Charlton Stitcher said...

... and my sort of shop too. Just love the wooden bobbins.

Su said...

How lovely to teach in such beautiful cities. Love the shop :-)

ViDerTextil said...

we all had a lovely workshop at Kortenberg! and as I see you enjoyed your visit to Gent and had a wonderful Sunny weather :-)

Chris Gray said...

The little shop was such a treasure to find right at the end of a holiday.

I bought a few bits, but the little old lady who owned the place was so pleased to have a kindred textile spirit to talk to that she gave me many more to come away with!

I'll make something....and remember her while I'm do so...